At WJEC-5 we’re seeking the most innovative teaching ideas….so we present “WJEC-5 Ignite” – where you can share your best classroom project/exercise/ideas. Following the traditional “ignite” format, presenters get 5 minutes and 20 slides to share their passionate teaching idea. The ten best “ignite” ideas will be selected to make their presentations “live” at WJEC-5. Click here to view past Ignite presentations.
WJEC-5 Ignite Examples
- Ice breaker for the first day of class
- How to make class groups effective
- How to teach stand-ups
- Feedback methods for students
- Peer to peer grading
- Ways to make team teaching work
- Grading made simple
To view more “Ignite” examples, click here.
Slide format can be either Mac based or PC using Prezi, Keynote or Powerpoint, BUT the slides MUST be emailed in advance and are strictly limited to 5 minutes.
It’s Simple to Enter
First, in the box below, upload your slides (only 20) – then, at the prompt, include the following five (5) things in the “File Description” box:
- Name and School
- Presentation Title
- Summarize your topic in 140 characters ( A “Tweet”)
- Tell us how you think this will help other journalism educators improve their teaching.