Registration Opening: End of January 2019
Call for Creative Competition Closing: February 1, 2019
Call for Ignite Closing: March 1, 2019
Congress Dates: 9 to 11 July 2019
Other dates to be announced soon.
Official Congress language is English. Translation will be provided for some sessions (English/French). One slot of panel sessions will be held national languages.
Venue : Université Paris-Dauphine
Dauphine was founded in 1968 in the former NATO headquarters in western Paris. The main Dauphine campus building is the work of French architect Jacques Carlu, renowned for designing Trocadero, across the the Seine from the Eiffel Tower. Situated in central Paris, minutes from the Arc de Triomphe and with the Bois de Boulogne as its backyard, the Dauphine campus is home to approximately 8,500 students, 500 faculty and researchers and 400 staff members.
Registrations will be possible by the end of January.
The World Journalism Education Council, hereafter WJEC, is a worldwide coalition of academic associations involved in journalism education. If yourself or your institution is a member of one of these associations you are entitled to the WJEC member discount. You can check this list here. https://wjec.net/about/member-organizations/
Members of affiliated groups as GIS Journalisme are also entitled to this discount.
|Early Bird till April 30th||Registration|
|WJEC Member (*)||295 €||(approx. 335 USD)|
|Low income economies||195 €||(approx. 221 USD)|
|Students & Post Grad||145 €||(approx. 165 USD)|
|Non WJEC Member (*)||395 €||(approx. 448 USD)|
|Normal till June 30th||Registration|
|WJEC Members (*)||384 €||(approx. 436 USD)|
|Low income economies||254 €||(approx. 288 USD)|
|Students & Post Grad||189 €||(approx. 214 USD)|
|Non WJEC Member (*)||514 €||(approx. 583 USD)|
|Late : after July 1st||Registration|
|WJEC Members (*)||422 €||(approx. 479 USD)|
|Low income economies||279 €||(approx. 317 USD)|
|Students & Post Grad||207 €||(approx. 235 USD)|
|Non WJEC Member (*)||565 €||(approx. 641 USD)|
If you have any question about registration process or congress fees, please feel free to contact Sophie PUIG: sophie.puig[@]dauphine.psl.eu
You may want to check nearby hotels. For further hotel options please refer to the usual booking platforms (Booking, Hotel.com, Airbnb, etc.)
2 stars Hotels near Paris Dauphine
- Floridor Etoile **, 35, avenue des Ternes 7017 Paris. Ideally located 500 meters from the Champs-Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. 31 rooms recently renovated: flat screens, free-wifi, mini bars, bath tubs or showers. Near subway station Ternes (Line 2). 31 rooms, from 130€.
- Hotel Elysée Etoile**, 5, Rue de l’Etoile, 75017 Paris. Located just steps away from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées. Simple classic decor, comfortable bedding, excellent service and qualities amenities. 18 single, double or triple rooms, from 140€.
- Hotel Médéric**, 4, Rue Médéric, 75017 Paris. Located in a favorite district for tourists. rooms and other facilities offer all the comfort you could need. Next to the reception, you can relax in the pleasant lounge. Newspapers are provided. for guests with reduced mobility we have a fully adapted room and there is appropriate parking space close to the hotel entrance. From 110€.
- Hotel Troyon**, 10, Rue Troyon, 75017 Paris. Quiet and welcoming hotel, ideally located. Whether travelling for business or sightseeing, you will have the assurance of excellent service and a pleasant stay at reasonnable prices. You can book in a few clicks your rooms. 33 rooms from 100€.
3 stars Hotels near Paris-Dauphine
- Arc de Triomphe Etoile***, 3, Rue de l’Etoile, 75017 Paris. Attractive little hotel located in a quiet street just a short walk from the famous place de l’Etoile, the Champs-Elysées and the Place des ternes. It is an ideal location, popular with both business travellers and tourists alike. Excellent public transport link are close by. 27 rooms, from 200€.
- Elysées Céramic***, 37, avenue de Wagram, 75008 Paris. Ideally situated on one of the elegant avenues leading to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées. You will enjoy a prime location in a chic Parisian district with high-end shopping and excellent public transport links. 57 rooms, from 240€.
- Plaza Etoile***, 21, avenue de Wagram, 75017 Paris. With an easy reach to the Arc de Triomphe, halfway between Défense and the iconic Place de la Concorde. Less than a 5-minute walk to Place des Ternes, Champs-Elysées and the splendid Place de l’Etoile. With its unique design and its truly Parisian elegance, the Hôtel Plaza Etoile is sure to win your heart over and make your stay exceptional. 33 rooms from 210€.
- Princess Caroline, 1 bis, rue Troyon, 75017 Paris. At the heart of the Golden Triangle, near the Champs-Elysées. This 3-stars hotel took its name from Napoleon’s sister, Caroline Bonaparte, wife of Joachim Murat. Air-conditioned rooms both cosy, quiet and very comfortable. rooms on the 7th and last floor look out on the rooftops and monuments of Paris: Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and the Sacred Heart. 53 rooms from 200€.
4 stars Hotels near Paris-Dauphine
- Hôtel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile****, 27, avenue des Ternes, 75017 Paris. A few steps from the Champs-Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. Modern design for a relaxing stay at the heart of the City of Light. Each rooms has been designed and equipped according to the principles of color therapy to combine well-being, top of the range and quality services. located in the immediate vicinity of the Porte Maillot conference center. 54 rooms from 210€.
- Splendid Etoile****, 1, Rue avenue Carnot, 75017 Paris. Not far from the most luxurious hotels of Paris stand some discreet hotels, places recommended by locals to friends who are in search of authenticity, whether from France or abroad. The Hotel Splendid Etoile is just a few steps from the Arc de Triomphe and a short walk from the Palais des Congrès. Haussmanian architecture on a display from every room and suite. The hotel is also renowned for its good food: the Pré Carré restaurant excels in serving traditional French cuisine with a touch of audacious modernity. 57 rooms from 200€.
- Montfleuri****, 21, avenue de la Grande Armée, 75016. Located a few minutes walk from the Convention Center of Porte Maillot and 15 minutes away by subway from the business area of La Défense? Ideal hotel for business travelers with a bar, a business corner and a Free Wireless internet acess. 42 rooms from 250€.
- Best Western Hotel Victor Hugo****, 19, rue Copernic, 75116 Paris. Set in a beautiful typically Parisian building. All of the 75 non-smoking rooms are designed with your needs in mind. With their Louis XVI-style furniture by master cabinet-makers, they ally tasteful décor and the best ciofort. Some of the Superior and Prestige rooms offer a hot tub to soak in after a busy day. Some feature a terrace with views of Parisian rooftops and Skyline. 75 rooms from 250€.
5 stars Hotels near Paris-Dauphine
- Maison Albar Champs Elysées Mac Mahon*****, 3, avenue Mac Mahon, 75017. Standing very close to the Arc de Triomphe in one of the most prestigious areas of Paris. Behind its fine Haussman facade, this uniquely located 5 star Parisian boutique-hotel is a showcase of visual design combining a modern touch and the Empire style decoration. 40 rooms from 850€.
- Napoléon Paris*****, 40, avenue de Friedland, 75008 Paris. At the heart of the hotel history lies a love story… It is the story of a rich Russian entrepreneur, Alexander Pavlovich Kliaguine, who meet a Parisian girl at a Literary fair in the late 1920s, and fell head over heels in love. As a wedding gift, he gave her a hotel so that she could entertain the high society of the time. Every room is spacious and luxurious with an immaculate décor, providing a relaxing atmosphere for your stay near the Champs Elysées. 102 rooms from 350€.
- Hôtel Balzac*****, 6, Rue Balzac, 75008. Just off the Champs-Elysées, close to avenue Montaigne and Avenue George V. Shining example of elegant Parisian chic. A selection of rooms and suites have skyline views of the Eiffel Tower. 69 rooms from 400€.
Visit Paris from Paris-Dauphine
Paris-Dauphine is connected to Metro Line 2 and RER C, from which you can directly access to most of the beautiful monuments of Paris :
- Charles de Gaulle Etoile : access to Arc de Triomphe (Line 2)
- Anvers : access to Sacré Coeur and Montmartre (Line 2)
- Père Lachaise : access to the famous cimetry Père Lachaise (Line 2)
- Monceau : access to Parc Monceau (Line 2)
- Eiffel Tower (RER C)
- Notre Dame de Paris (RER C)
- Musée d’Orsay (RER C)
For any information regarding Visa procedures you should consult this website: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/venir-en-france/
You can find all practical informations for visiting Paris on Parisinfo.com : transportation, city guide, maps, lists of cultural activities, etc. : https://www.parisinfo.com/paris-pratique